Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Paper Chase Begins

We have chosen Creative Adoptions, Inc to be the agency to do our homestudy (because Living Hope isn't licensed for Maryland). So, we've begun compiling the documents. Wow. I'm the "administrative assistant" for our family, so I do all the paperwork. And let me just say, when you fill out enough forms the mind starts getting a little numb. It starts to all blur together. Was I born in Maryland, or was that Heath? Who's social security number is this? When were our kids born? How do I spell my name?!!! I spent one afternoon doing all that, plus passport applications. By the end I couldn't think or see straight! And I'm sure there'll be plenty more to come! Monday night we have a meeting with CAI to go over the homestudy process in more detail. We also just requested our driving records, criminal background checks, child abuse clearances and so forth, and soon we get to go be fingerprinted! It's a bit crazy, but at least it's for a very worthwhile purpose!