Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Adoption Update

We both had our individual interviews with our social worker last week. Mine took 45 minutes; Heath's took an hour and 20. Hmmmm..... But it seemed to go fine, and she should have a write-up for us to preview in about 2 weeks. Then just a couple more things before our homestudy is complete. One of them is having a fire inspection of our home. I sent the form in last June. Since they hadn't contacted us yet I asked our agency to check on it. The Fire Marshal claims he couldn't get ahold of us to schedule an appointment, so she told him to try my cell number. So Saturday he calls me at my home number, to ask if he can call me on my cell phone number! He says he gets a busy signal when he tries the home number. Perhaps that's from us using the internet, but I really think he could've managed to get through at some point during the last THREE MONTHS! Plenty of other people do! So he wants to use my cell #. I thought he meant we'd be having a series of phone calls, so I said that was fine. Then he says, "OK, I should be calling you soon to set something up." WHAT?!!! I was totally confused, and before I could even think the conversation was over. Why he didn't just set an appointment then is beyond me, but I didn't think fast enough to stop him from hanging up! So, now I'm carrying my cell phone everywhere I go--even to check the mail and stuff. No call from him yet. Heath tells me most of the fire inspectors he deals with on the job are quite arrogant, so he's not surprised this guy is acting like this. But hopefully he'll call soon, and we should have our homestudy wrapped up in a couple weeks. Patience is a virtue. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment