We have survived! This was the first year that we participated in our church's Day Camp (VBS). I worked in the craft station. That was an adventure. Since I was working there, Jesse got to be a part of the preschool class, known as the "Rainbow Fish." It was exhausting for him, but he seemed to enjoy it. Ethan was old enough to be in the REAL camp, and he was part of the "Purple Possums" group. Usually he complains about having to go to group activities, but he absolutely loved this. Every night he couldn't wait to go again, and he was disappointed when he realized it was only one week long. He wanted it to go on the whole summer! The kids learned something about God's character each day, and came home tired, but happy.
I'm glad we could do this, but I could use about a week to recover. It's amazing how this can be so exhausting, when it's only a few hours each morning. But somehow, it just about did me in! All 3 of us took a really long nap yesterday, but Monday, the relaxation is over . . . we're off on a 20-hour drive to Nebraska for Carrie's wedding!!
No comments:
Post a Comment