We may have set a new record for snowfall in the area. I didn't hear the final verdict on whether or not we beat the record, but our town had 33" yesterday! Today it's sunny, and everything outside is just glistening and sparkling like a landscape of diamonds--absolutely gorgeous! Ethan has been out there working right alongside Heath to shovel the driveway and (even as I type) is begging for everyone to come out and play with him. Heath worked all last night plowing a parking lot and plans to do the same thing the next few nights. Maryland is really not equipped to handle this much snow, so the roads are still really bad, and most things are cancelled for the next few days. That kind of drvies me crazy, but (if the kids would stop fighting) I really don't mind being stuck at home enjoying the scenery. It's so peaceful and quiet and clean and fresh outside . . . this is what winter is meant to be!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Let it Snow!
We may have set a new record for snowfall in the area. I didn't hear the final verdict on whether or not we beat the record, but our town had 33" yesterday! Today it's sunny, and everything outside is just glistening and sparkling like a landscape of diamonds--absolutely gorgeous! Ethan has been out there working right alongside Heath to shovel the driveway and (even as I type) is begging for everyone to come out and play with him. Heath worked all last night plowing a parking lot and plans to do the same thing the next few nights. Maryland is really not equipped to handle this much snow, so the roads are still really bad, and most things are cancelled for the next few days. That kind of drvies me crazy, but (if the kids would stop fighting) I really don't mind being stuck at home enjoying the scenery. It's so peaceful and quiet and clean and fresh outside . . . this is what winter is meant to be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment