Hallelujah!!!
We just found out that we have insurance approval for Tabitha's surgery!! This is a big answer to prayer in so many ways. The most important thing is that she'll be done with this surgery before the next adoption. And now we can go ahead and make plans for Cincinnati next month. Wow...only a month away!
So, she'll have some testing on Friday, May 13th, check into the hospital on Sunday, May 15th, and the surgery will be on Monday, May 16th. She'll need to stay anywhere from 4 to 10 days after surgery, depending on how fast she heals and whether or not she has a colostomy. Then she'll have to come back on June 3rd for a post-op visit. Lots of time in Ohio, but at least it's a drivable distance away, not so far that we have to fly! Please thank the Lord with us for the insurance approval!
Her surgery is called posterior sagittal anorectovagino-urethroplasty (PSARVUP). Feel free to look it up or email me if you want details. But basically they'll be repositioning all her "parts". She currently has no possibility for bowel control; after the surgery she might or might not. It is definitely our prayer that she will have bowel control, but I'm trying to be prepared to handle either outcome. Also, she might have to have a temporary colostomy after surgery, depending on how healthy the tissue is. The colostomy would give everything more time to heal before being used. But that is really, really, REALLY not something I want to deal with. So please pray that it wouldn't happen, or that God would pour a whole lot of grace on me to be able to handle that. Because right now I really don't feel like I can. On the other hand, if she doesn't have a colostomy, she won't be able to eat for 7-10 days, and would be "fed" through an IV. That doesn't sound very pleasant either.
Right now the plan is for Heath to go out with her the first few days, while the boys and I finish up some things here. Then he'll come home to be with the boys/back to work, and I'll go out to be with Tabitha for the second half of her stay. It won't be the fun family trip it was last time...just a long hospital stay. It's not really a fun thing to be looking forward to, but I'm so thankful for the insurance approval and that we can get this over with!
Please be praying for Tabitha. She's old enough to remember and understand somewhat, but still not able to express herself verbally very well. So it's kind of hard to have a real conversation with her about it. Plus, not knowing what the outcome will be as far as colostomy or not, bowel control or not, it's hard to explain the reasons for it. And of course, the recovery will probably be rough on her. She's a tough little girl, so hopefully she'll handle it well.
Thanks for praying with us and supporting us with all this!
Praise Jesus! That's GREAT news! And, can we host the boys for you so you and Heath can both be up there? (it'd be good practice for our soon-to-be family of SEVEN!) :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear your good news! I will be praying for Tabitha and your family! She will do great and everything will be fine! I can say that because we have been there and done it and survived!!!
ReplyDelete