Saturday, October 20, 2012

Update on Tabitha

I guess it's been awhile since I updated everyone on how Tabitha's doing.  Things are going pretty well.  She had a couple bad days after the surgery, where she couldn't keep anything down and was in pain.  But today's been much better.  Heath said they're hoping to come home on Monday.

She'll probably be coming home with a urine bag again for a few weeks, while things heal.  We'll go back again for a check-up and to have the extra parts removed (stints in her kidneys, tube in her belly button).  That should be a much quicker visit though.

Heath's holding up pretty well even though he hasn't gotten any good sleep there.  I remember all too well how horrible the nights were there.  Nurses and noisy machines waking you up every time you finally fall back to sleep...frustration...exhaustion...boredom.  After 5 nights of that, with probably 2 more to go....it's a little exhausting!  But when I talked to him this morning he'd just had a coffee and a diet coke and said he was feeling pretty good.  =)

Thanks again for your prayers and encouragement.  I'll post again once they're home!

No comments:

Post a Comment