Ethan turned 9 a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to believe he's half way to being an adult! I feel like we're just getting started on this parenting journey, and yet the years that we're actually raising him are halfway over. As I heard someone say once, "The days go slow, but the years go fast." That's for sure! Ethan is really growing into a great little guy. Well, I guess I shouldn't say "little". He's less than a head shorter than me now, and I can fit in his shoes. So, "little" isn't the word. But whatever his size, I love seeing him grow in personality. He's becoming a lot of fun to talk to, and he's starting to notice (and care) about my feelings too! He can tell when I'm having a rough day with the kids and will often try to make things easier on me by behaving extra well and encouraging them to do so too. He's a great big brother (in between fights of course), and he loves to build and invent and create. He loves to work hard physically and is almost as strong as I am already. It's hard to believe he was a tiny baby less than a decade ago, and yet it's also hard to believe that it's already been almost a decade since he was a tiny baby! Time is a strange thing.
Jesse turned 7 this past Wednesday. He's growing up so fast too! I love his sense of humor and the way he makes us laugh. He loves to learn and really gets into the things we're learning about (when he's in the mood, that is). In fact, he had a nightmare last week and came into our room in the middle of the night, which is something none of our kids have done more than once or twice. I thought the nightmare must've been about one of the scary monsters on the Star Wars movies he'd been watching. But it turns out, it was actually about sea snakes . . . the topic we'd been studying in science that day. I feel bad that he was scared, but I love that he's really thinking about what we're learning! Jesse also loves babies and toddlers. He gets Rayanna laughing all the time, and even other people's babies seem to love him. He's got a generous heart and loves giving his money to help others. Seven years ago, this sweet little baby entered our lives, and we have been so blessed because of him.
So, our boys are growing up, and a little too quickly. We're so thankful for both of them and for another year of celebrating their lives. We love you guys!
Disclaimer: Though these descriptions and pictures make it look like they are the best of friends, extremely well behaved, and always happy, we have plenty (and I do mean plenty) of less-than-stellar times. But every now and then they pause their fighting and bickering, so I can get pictures that will make me look back on these times as the "good ol' days." =)
No comments:
Post a Comment