Our family's had a rough week. Some news and some burdens are just too heavy to bear. How often I forget that I don't have to carry those burdens alone. God is helping me to slowly give it over to Him and to trust Him. I am so thankful for the friends and family and Savior that I have.
I hope this doesn't break any copyright laws, but here's a song that has really spoken to me today.
I was sure by now, God, you would have reached down
and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say Amen and it's still raining.
As the thunder rolls, I barely hear your whisper through the rain, "I am with you"
And as your mercy falls I raise my hands, and praise the God who gives
. . . and takes away.
I'll praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands
that you are who you are, no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried you hold in your hand, you never left my side
And though my heart is torn, I will praise you in this storm
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
you heard my cry, you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on if I can't find you?
As the thunder rolls, I barely hear your whisper through the rain, "I am with you"
And as your mercy falls I raise my hands, and praise the God who gives
. . . and takes away.
I'll praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands
that you are who you are, no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried you hold in your hand, you never left my side.
And though my heart is torn, I will praise you in this storm
I lift my eyes unto the hills. Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
And though my heart is torn, I will praise you in this storm.