Today, on my way to run a couple errands, I stopped at the end of the driveway to get the mail. I was excited because I noticed a chunky envelope containing a kitchen cabinet catalog I'd been waiting for (for ideas for our new house). But I quickly tossed that aside as my eye fell on an envelope from US Dept of Homeland Security! I knew it was about our I-800A (application to adopt a foreign child). I figured that it was a request for more documents, because we still had another month before it was supposed to be ready. But I eagerly opened it, and literally started screaming for joy when I read: "The above application has been approved. . . You have been approved to adopt one child from the following Convention country: The People's Republic of China." I've never been so excited over a piece of mail!!
So, now we need to gather up our huge stack of documents and get all this to the agency ASAP. They'll translate, notarize, finalize, and send our dossier to China! That means we will soon be able to request a specific waiting child. Please pray for God's leading. This is a huge decision, and at times I feel scared to death to have to decide something this important. I think it'd be easier if we had no choice! We need God's guidance as far as medical conditions to accept or decline, and really just want Him to very obviously direct us to the specific child He has for us. We also still need a lot more money, but that seems really minor compared to this decision. After all, money's just money . . . choosing a child will radically change a little person's future.
We are so excited. Thanks for your continued prayer support.
No comments:
Post a Comment