I think sometimes people get wrapped up in having "enough" faith. I liked this analogy I read in "The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus" by John Cross.
Some people add a spiritual aura to faith. It becomes quantified. You either have a lot of faith or just a little. But that thinking confuses the issue. Putting faith in what Jesus did on the cross for us is similar to a drowning man nodding vigorously to his rescuer when the lifesaver says, "Will you trust me to save you?" The size of the nod is immaterial. The point is not the nod at all. The point is that the drowning man is acknowledging and trusting in the lifeguard to rescue him. For the drowning man to later claim that his big nod saved his life would be ludicrous. So it is with us. We are to trust in Jesus to save us from our sin, but the size of our trust is not what saves us; it is what Jesus did for us by dying on the cross.
No comments:
Post a Comment