On May 15th, my students had their end-of-year piano recital. This recital had a Baroque theme, so the first half of the recital was all Baroque music. We'd been studying this time period all year, so it was fun to see them perform. Some of them even used the harpsichord! OK, not a real one, but the harpsichord setting sounded pretty close! The non-Baroque pieces were played on a 9' Yamaha grand. We held the recital at a piano store in Frederick, so this was THE BEST instrument we've ever had for a recital! I thought it went pretty well, and I was very proud of all their hard work. It'll be the last recital for awhile. I'll be teaching a few students over the summer, but I'm taking next fall off when Tabitha comes. And since we're still hoping to move one of these days, it'll probably be my last recital with some of these kids. So it was bittersweet, but they did a great job!
Friday, May 22, 2009
If it ain't Baroque, don't fix it! ;-)
On May 15th, my students had their end-of-year piano recital. This recital had a Baroque theme, so the first half of the recital was all Baroque music. We'd been studying this time period all year, so it was fun to see them perform. Some of them even used the harpsichord! OK, not a real one, but the harpsichord setting sounded pretty close! The non-Baroque pieces were played on a 9' Yamaha grand. We held the recital at a piano store in Frederick, so this was THE BEST instrument we've ever had for a recital! I thought it went pretty well, and I was very proud of all their hard work. It'll be the last recital for awhile. I'll be teaching a few students over the summer, but I'm taking next fall off when Tabitha comes. And since we're still hoping to move one of these days, it'll probably be my last recital with some of these kids. So it was bittersweet, but they did a great job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wonderful! So good to see all those piano students! I just love my kids' recitals. :)
ReplyDeleteAdrienne from Theologicalkids ;)