Last Friday Ethan got stung on the hand by something. He says it was an "orange jacket." We're pretty sure it was some kind of bee or wasp, but neither of us saw it. He was just running through some weeds at a friend's house and smacked his hand into whatever it was and started screaming. He's been stung a couple of other times and had no reaction at all. But this time was different. The next day his hand and entire forearm were swollen up like a balloon, and his hand looked all disfigured! (The picture doesn't do it justice.) He complained about pain a little bit, but not as much as I expected. (I have the same swelling with bee stings, but with tons of pain and itching. And I certainly complain a whole lot more than he did!) Anyway, after about 3 days the swelling was totally gone. And even while he was all swollen up it didn't stop him from playing in the very same field. He's one tough little man.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Ouch!
Last Friday Ethan got stung on the hand by something. He says it was an "orange jacket." We're pretty sure it was some kind of bee or wasp, but neither of us saw it. He was just running through some weeds at a friend's house and smacked his hand into whatever it was and started screaming. He's been stung a couple of other times and had no reaction at all. But this time was different. The next day his hand and entire forearm were swollen up like a balloon, and his hand looked all disfigured! (The picture doesn't do it justice.) He complained about pain a little bit, but not as much as I expected. (I have the same swelling with bee stings, but with tons of pain and itching. And I certainly complain a whole lot more than he did!) Anyway, after about 3 days the swelling was totally gone. And even while he was all swollen up it didn't stop him from playing in the very same field. He's one tough little man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
poor baby...
ReplyDeletenext time can wash his hands clean then ask him to put the affected finger into his mouth and suck it, coz the saliva can sterilise it...:)