Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hallelujah!

We have great news from our insurance company!

Back in the spring we made plans to take Tabitha to Cincinnati Children's Hospital's Colorectal Center for some second opinions and their bowel management program. We were scheduled to go in late August, but in early August we got news that the insurance company wouldn't cover it because it was out of network. So we cancelled our appointment and wondered what to do. We sent a letter to the doctor who made the decision earlier this month. We didn't know whether or not we should expect a response, or if we'd have to do a formal appeal and go through months of delays trying to get this approved.

But when we got back home Monday we had a message from the doctor who made the decision, saying he'd just gotten our letter and wanted to talk with us about it. He sounded friendly, but I figured he was just going to defend his position and try to make us believe they really cared and all. Just coming off my Cloud 9 vacation, I couldn't bring myself to call him Tuesday, so Heath said he'd call on Wednesday. He left a message, and then today the doctor called back.

Heath was actually smiling on the phone, so I figured there must be at least a little hope in the conversation. Then, at one point he held up a paper with a note saying, "Yes to Cinci!" I could not believe it! I figured at best, the doctor would see that we had a good point and agree to think it over, do more research, and get back to us (eons later). But he actually said he hadn't realized how complicated her issues were and agreed that we really needed a second opinion and especially needed Cincinnati's expertise and bowel management program asap! He said he might not be able to complete the paperwork today, but definitely by tomorrow. What?! We would've been happy with getting a yes that took several weeks to work out. But by tomorrow! Wow! Praise the Lord!!

This is such a great answer to prayer. I admit I have not been praying as faithfully as I should have and had kind of given up hope. So our deepest thanks to all of you who HAVE been praying!

We have no idea when we'll be going. I guess once the paper work is done, we can reschedule with Cincinnati. I think they offer the bowel program once a month, so we probably don't have a lot of options as to when we go. But just to know that we CAN go is such a relief!

1 comment:

  1. SO happy for you guys!! What a relief! Isn't it crazy how much power insurance has? God IS good. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete