Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jesse!



Sunday was Jesse's 5th birthday. Hard to believe he's been around for half a decade already! We had a little bowling party for him. He'd never been before, and he was so excited to try it out. It was nice because it was duckpin bowling so the balls are smaller and the gutters are blocked. That way, even I have a chance of getting a decent score! We had a really fun time.

This has been an eventful year for Jesse. The biggest change was becoming a big brother and a middle child. He's excelling at both of these roles, (though at first I thought he might be permanently traumatized by his new little sister). He's the peacemaker of the family, always trying to work things out with his siblings. He's very generous and sensitive and does his best never to hurt anyone. He usually loves doing school work (preschool this year), and he's a quick learner. It's been fun seeing him learn so much and be so eager to try out new things. Jesse continues to make us laugh a lot and keeps us all from taking life too seriously. He's a sweet, adorable little boy, and we are so thankful for him.

Happy Birthday, Jesse. We love you!

2 comments:

  1. who made the cake? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the really hard part . . . adding oil, eggs, and water to a boxed mix and baking it in a "ball pan" we got from JoAnn's. Heath did the frosting. (He also drew the deer on Ethan's cake and frosted our pyramid cake. I stick to mixing the batter . . . frosting and I don't get along so well.) =)

    ReplyDelete