Friday, December 3, 2010

Approval!

Last summer when I was in Illinois we got our "Permission to Travel" for Tabitha. This time while I was in Illinois, we received our USCIS approval. (Maybe I should go to Illinois more often and it would speed up the adoption process!)

This approval of our I800A says that we have been approved to adopt one child from the country of China. Yippee!! (I guess those fingerprints showed that we're still not criminals. That's good to know!)

Next, we just need to gather up some documents that are sitting in our "adoption box", and mail them into our agency along with a significant chunk of change. (Those of you praying for us, please pray that God provides this money soon. Thanks!) Once our agency has these things (called our dossier), they will get them all notarized and translated and authenticated and whatever else they have to do, and then they'll be sent to China. At that point we'll be able to start looking for a child on the waiting child list! We also would appreciate prayer for this, as far as knowing what medical needs we can handle or not, and that God would lead us to the child He has for us. Thanks!

1 comment: