We've never done scripted prayers with our kids; they just say whatever they want when they pray. But they've fallen into habits, and these are their usual dinner time prayers:
ETHAN--Dear God, Thank you for our food, and thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Jesse, Tabitha, Shadow, and me. Amen.
JESSE--Dear God, Thank you for our food, and thank you for everything in the world. Amen.
TABITHA-- Well, she speaks in tongues and, unfortunately, we don't have an interpreter. =)
The other day Jesse was the one praying, and he said, "Dear God, Thank you for our food..." Then he just stopped, and we all waited for him to finish. After a moment I looked up at him, and he said, "That's it. I'm all dried up."
Heath and I had to work really hard at not cracking up at his comment, but later on I realized that was pretty profound coming from a 5 year old. I mean, haven't we all had times of prayer like that before?
No comments:
Post a Comment