We heard from our agency yesterday that they received our dossier and everything looks great! Next they'll be sending it to Harrisburg, PA, for "sealing" and then to New York for Chinese Authentication. I really have no idea what those things mean, but after that we will be "DTC": Dossier to China! So exciting!
I'm a little nervous though because now we are able to start looking at referrals and considering a match. While we've already sent in our checklist of which special needs we'll consider, I feel a bit panicked whenever I think of making that decision. Please continue to pray with us for huge amounts of wisdom and that God would make it crystal clear as to which child He has for us.
The other exciting but nerve wracking thing is that referral to travel time is currently 5 months! Wo! Now I know things usually don't happen as quickly as we plan for them to, but if we were to be matched in the next month or so we could potentially have a new daughter as early as June! I don't think that will really come about so quickly, but the fact that it's a possibility is pretty scary. Especially since we have no idea where the rest of the money's coming from and can't travel until we come up with it! We're praying for God's timing, wisdom, and provision . . . and now we'll wait and see how He does it!
You may notice some new gadgets on the left side of the blog. The thermometer shows where we are in the finances of the adoption, and below that is information on how people can make donations to help us out if desired. I've never done something like that before, but it's a pretty common occurrence on adoptive families' blogs. So we'll see. Maybe with the millions of people in my blog fan base we'll have the money raised in no time! =)
It's hard to believe that it'll be during this year that we'll have another child. I feel like we JUST got back from China with Tabitha!
So exciting, slightly petrifying . . . completely amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment