Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Boys

Our boys have some very different mile stones going on in their lives than the girls do. Thankfully, no medical issues (though Ethan will be needing some orthodontic work soon, which I'm sure will be an adventure). They've started this new school year with a bang! We're in our second week of school, and it's gone a lot better than expected so far! They've had mostly good attitudes, and (other than this afternoon) not as much fighting as had been going on during the summer. I guess if I work them hard enough they don't have time and energy for fighting! =)

We've also started some classes and activities that I'm really excited about. We rejoined CBS (Community Bible Study). This is a wonderful in-depth Bible study program with classes for the moms and the kids. Ethan's age even studies the same things as the adults, just at a different level. Ethan was very anxious about going, but once he got there he had a blast and can't wait to go back! Jesse and Tabitha liked their class as well, and Rayanna had the whole nursery to herself this week!

We also joined a homeschool soccer group. It's just once a week, which is perfect for us. Again, Ethan didn't want to go but ended up loving it! Jesse had a great time too, and I think they'll both really enjoy making friends on their teams. I know that PE is probably my weakest point as a homeschool teacher, so I'm really glad to have found something like this. I think it'll be some good fellowship for us all, as well as the exercise benefit.

Jesse also started Kindermusik, which I'm thrilled about. As a piano teacher obviously music education is important to me, and I just love the Kindermusik program for young kids! Jesse's been looking forward to it for the last couple years when Ethan was in it, and now it's finally his turn!

And, last but not least, Awana has started up again (not at our church, but the same one we've been going to the past two years). Ethan's in his last year of Sparks, Jesse's in his first year of Sparks, and Tabitha has started Cubbies. It's so great to hear them memorizing God's Word and see all that they're learning.

I think we have just the right balance. I don't like to be too busy as a family, but I also know that if we don't have enough going on we get stir-crazy. So far I think this feels just right. I'm excited for this new school year and all that the kids are and will be doing! And I'm very glad that as a homeschool mom I get to be involved in so many parts of their lives. They're growing up so fast, and I don't want to miss any of it!

5 comments:

  1. "I think we have just the right balance." YOU JUST RATTLED OFF LIKE SEVEN DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES EACH WEEK!!! WHERE DO I FIT IN?!!! !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, and "visits with Kelly Hills" every Friday at 7:00 pm. (Or at least THIS week) =)

    It's really not as much as you'd think since most of it is during school hours, not in addition to school. (I meant it when I said I don't like to be too busy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin,
    We loved CBS...great Bible study with a homeschool group too! Glad things seem to be rolling along. Did you like Sight and Sound last week?
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. miss you at co-op! Are you guys doing soccer on Thurs? We joined that, too...but missed last week :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks. Yeah, co-op was a little too much for us with the little ones. We're doing a Monday soccer group, so I guess we won't see you there either. But I hope your year is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete