Monday, May 28, 2012

Tabitha is 5!

I'm having a very hard time believing that Tabitha is 5 years old!  Since we adopted her when she was 2 and a half, this also marks the point in time that she's been with us as long as she wasn't with us!  That's really strange to think about that we've only known her for half of her life.  I'm excited though because now I feel like we've reached the real starting point.  Almost like we started 2 and a half years behind, so now we're caught up and it'll just get better from here.  I know that's not logical, and I also know there's no magic number that takes care of orphanage/adoption issues, but in my strange little mind it makes sense!  So, here's to celebrating Tabitha's 5 years of life and her 2.5 years of life with us!

We had a little party for her at Clark's Elioak Farm in Ellicott City.  Despite the fact that it was 90 degrees that day, it was really fun!  The kids got to ride a pony, we went on a tractor ride, pet the animals, walked through a pine-tree maze and enjoyed the bigger-than-life nursery rhyme characters and scenes throughout the park.  It was pretty fun.

Even though I can't believe Tabitha's 5 already, she certainly doesn't have any problem with it.  Since her actual birthday was a couple weeks ago and she turned 5 then, she was convinced that she was turning 6 at her party!  I didn't realize she thought that until I heard her arguing with Jesse about it in the car.  She was adamant that she was turning 6, and got all teary-eyed when we told her she would still be 5.  Nothing like crushing a little girl's dreams.  Oh well, I think she had fun turning 5 (twice), and I'm glad she won't be 6 for quite some time!



Happy Birthday, Tabitha!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment