Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Decade Old . . . How Did That Happen?!

Our firstborn is 10 years old now.  I can't believe it's been that long since Ethan was born.  I mean, I still think of myself as a "mom of young kids," but I guess I'm a mom of medium-aged kids now.  Double digits!  A "tween"!  Even though there are a few challenges at this age, I'm really enjoying him.  It's great to be able to talk with him about things that matter, to see his interests in many different areas, and watch him grow in maturity.  I can already see hints of the man he'll turn out to be, and it's exciting to imagine his future.  As we start our second decade of parenting and Ethan's second decade of life, we pray that God will give us the wisdom to parent well.  And we know He will finish the good work He has started in Ethan.  We're so thankful to be the ones blessed with walking alongside him in that journey.  We love you, Ethan.  Happy birthday!






 (Heath and I haven't aged a bit in the past decade, ;-) but somehow Ethan keeps growing!  He's only got a few more inches until he's as tall as I am, and we can already wear the same shoe size.)


No comments:

Post a Comment