We enjoyed some fun family time this weekend. Friday night we were struggling for something interesting to do, and not coming up with much. Finally we thought of Adventure Park, a new games/arcade/golf/amusement park about 15 minutes from our home. It was built a couple years ago, but we'd never gone, thinking it was too expensive. But it actually turned out not to be that bad! We bought credits for the arcade, and the boys had a blast with that. Ethan even hit the "jackpot" on one of the token aiming games and won 100 tickets. Trading in their ticket winnings, the boys came home with lots of little "treasures" . . . which are sure to last at least a day or two. :) There was also a four-story climbing playground, like the kind you see at McDonald's, except way better. It looked so intriguing, I wanted to climb it myself! But it wasn't adult-friendly. I also found out that they have a story time there, where for $4, you can listen to the story, do a special activity, and the kids get a hot dog lunch, including chips and a drink, AND they can play on the climbing playground for a couple hours. Can't beat that for 4 bucks! If we go back in the summer, we'll have to try their mini golf and kiddie rides, and even their real roller coaster! They also have paint ball and laser tag, but our kids are still a little young for that.
(Well, that was quite an advertisement I guess. Maybe they'll pay for my endorsement. :) I didn't mean to to ramble about all that, but we just had a really fun time!)
Today was our one-on-one time with the boys. Heath took Jesse out to breakfast at IHOP, where he got "smiley face pancakes." Then Jesse went to "help" him work, putting on a deck at a friend's house. Ethan and I went to the symphony! The BSO has concerts just for kids, and this one included some Irish and Flamenco dancing, plus a story about Anansi the Spider, acted out along with narration and music. Afterwards we had lunch together, and then drove over to join Heath and Jesse. The boys had a blast playing in the dirt left by the excavating there, and we stayed most of the day. It was a pretty fun day!
I know I complain sometimes about the hassles and struggles of having young children. But I wouldn't trade them (or my husband) for the world, and this weekend was a very enjoyable time with my very precious family. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment