Thursday, November 5, 2009

Almost there!



The last couple days haven't had that much going on. The big event today was taking the "oath" for immigration. We promised that everything we wrote about our child on her visa application was true. There was a huge group doing it together, and that was it. Then we went back to the hotel. It was kind of anti-climatic, but I guess it means we're allowed to bring her home now. So that's good news!

The last 2 days I've been feeling sick. I don't know if I ate something bad or what, but I was up all night last night, and in bed all day today. Fortunately Heath hasn't complained about taking care of the kids (and me). I'm starting to feel better, and I'll try to eat something tonight. All I've had in the past 2 days is dry cheerios and some toast. Hopefully I'll be totally better tomorrow and ready for our flight! We leave for Beijing tomorrow evening, spend the night in the airport hotel, and then fly home on Friday (via Tokyo).

Tabitha's true colors have been shining through. I guess it's good that she's getting comfortable with us, but she's now whining and throwing temper tantrums quite frequently. She's also gotten very picky about what she eats--unlike the first couple days when we couldn't find anything she wouldn't eat. I've been in bed all day, so poor Heath has had to handle her, plus the continued fights between the boys over the elevator buttons. But soon we'll be back to home and routine, and I'm fully confident things will improve! At least, they'd better! Despite some challenges, the trip has gone pretty well, and we have what we came for--our new little daughter. So I can't complain. :)

Well, thanks for following our journey. I don't know if I'll write any more from this side of the globe, so I'll talk to you all once we're home!

2 comments:

  1. Those Baoji Babes can be strong willed. (I usually say pigheaded - since that describes the rest of our family!) In time, Tabitha will become more secure with her place in your family and she will fuss less and smile more. Praying for continued peaceful transition for all of you.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, sweet picture of big bro and little sis!!!!! Holy smokes that's adorable!!! I hope you feel well enough to travel. It sucks being sick in China...but at least all the "hubbub" of appointments was in a lull and you weren't rushing around to get some place...and you could just rest. I'll pray for a good trip home....and continued positive transitioning!!!!

    Julie Morse from playgroup

    ReplyDelete