Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another Item Off the Checklist

As I mentioned in the last post, we got our fingerprints done yesterday. What I can't figure out is why we had to be fingerprinted 3 times for the first adoption and 2 of those repeated for this one. I mean--all those prints are done by a computer. Can't they just save them and even share them amongst each other so we only need to be fingerprinted once?

Anyway, we went to the CJIS fingerprinting place in Baltimore. Last time I remember waiting a little while, but this was ridiculous! We ended up being there almost 3 hours. The actual fingerprinting took about 3 minutes. We actually did this on the way home from the hospital. Tabitha was doing great, and we didn't know when we'd have another chance to be in Baltimore during business hours and with only one child with us. So we thought we'd just stop in, get it done, and go home. After paying the fee and handing over our licenses, we started talking to people and finding out they'd been there for hours. But it was too late to quit because I'm pretty sure they would've kept our money! So we waited it out. Turns out we both still have the same 10 fingerprints and no criminal record. (Well, at least I'm assuming we're not criminals. It'll probably take them several weeks to determine that.) But at least it's done now, and that's one more thing we can check off our list. Making progress....slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment