Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jesse's latest quotes

This was my conversation with Jesse today on the way to and from the allergist:

Jesse: Mom, when I grow up I want to do everything!
Me: Like what?
Jesse: drive a car, cut down trees, work with Daddy

continued on the ride home . . .

Jesse: When I grow up I want to cut down trees.
Me: Oh, you want to be a lumberjack?
Jesse: Yeah. I'm glad I'm not a doctor. They have a boring job.
Me: Why do you think it's boring?
Jesse: Well, they just do boring stuff and don't get to eat.
Me: Well, they get breaks for lunch. And sometimes they do really interesting things and help people stay healthy!
Jesse: I want to be a doctor when I grow up.
Me: AND a lumberjack?
Jesse: Yeah! That's why I said I want to be everything!
Me: Oh! How will you have time to be everything? You'll be really busy!
Jesse: Well, I won't be a tree or a flower or the sky. If I was the sky I'd float away. Mom, does sky-pie rhyme? What about tree-flea? frog-log? (singing) Twinkle, twinkle little star. Twinkle-tickle....does that rhyme? . . . .

1 comment: