Thursday, January 27, 2011

DTC!

Well, in the lingo of Chinese adoptive families...we are happy to announce that we are DTC! That means our agency has finished all the authenticating, translating, notarizing, etc, and has sent our Dossier To China! It'll be a few weeks before we have our "log in date" which is the date China officially enters us into their system. If we weren't going through the Waiting Child Program (special needs), it'd be a few YEARS before we had a referral! But for us it could come any day now. It's just a matter of when a child becomes available that matches our requests. We're hoping for a child under the age of 2, and there are a variety of minor special needs that we're open to.

I don't really feel like I believe we're really this close! I mean if we got a call for a child this week I think I'd panic! But I guess I need to start getting mentally prepared because it's getting more and more real, and closer every day.

We've started a fundraiser selling Money Savings Cards, hoping to raise some money to help with the adoption costs. These cards give the buyer access to shop through a certain website where they earn cash back for every purchase. They even earn the $10 purchase fee BACK when they first use the card! We're hoping to sell 250 of these, which would profit us about $2000. (If anyone is interested in helping us out by buying a card, but you don't know how to reach us, just leave a comment here and I'll get in touch with you. Thanks!)

Continued prayers for wisdom in accepting a referral, and for finances are GREATLY appreciated!

I was reading back through our first adoption journal about when we were at this stage in the process. We had looked at a few other files, and even decided to pursue adopting one of the little girls. But by the time we called our agency, she was already off the list, being adopted by another family. About a week later we got a call about Wang Xin Fang, our little Tabitha. And the Lord knew all along that she'd be ours. Even when we made the very careful decision to accept the other little girl, He knew it was Tabitha that would be our daughter. And He knows who our next daughter will be, even as we worry about making such a big decision. He knows when we'll first see her, when we'll bring her home, and what she's doing right now. Knowing it's all in His hands makes the waiting and wondering a little easier!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're so close already!! Seems like just yesterday you were emailing me about Tabby and talking about your pending trip to pick her up! Time surely flies. Last year at this point we had just officially passed court. I would have never thought that at this point (the year after adding 1 more) we'd be adding 2 more. God throws some curveballs, doesn't he?! :) I can't wait to see RayAnna's pic for the first time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations...how wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete