Sunday, February 6, 2011

Shouting Joyfully!

Shout joyfully to God, all the earth;
Sing the glory of His name;
Make His praise glorious.
Say to God, "How awesome are Your works!"
Psalm 66:1-3


It's not very often that I shout joyfully to God, but a little while ago I literally shouted "Hallelujah!"

Lately I've been a little concerned . . . OK maybe a lot concerned . . . OK actually fairly stressed, about how on earth we're going to afford this adoption! It just seems like such a big amount of money to come up with and no great ideas of where it's going to come from.

But last night God blessed me with a big batch of encouragement. Just a couple days ago I sent an email out letting friends and family know that our "money savings cards" had arrived, and we were ready to start selling them. We had to pre-purchase them, so it was a bit of a risk knowing that we need to sell 50 just to recap our investment. WELL...within about 12 hours of that email I had 43 cards spoken for already!  And several of those people are planning to spread the news for us!

Then last night, I worked on our taxes. I'd really been dreading it because we were expecting to owe money this year.  BUT....(thanks to the left-over adoption tax credit that we couldn't use last year) we're actually getting a pretty significant refund!

I don't know why I get so discouraged and worried. Just because I don't know the answer doesn't mean God doesn't have one! We still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling excited about it. It'll be an adventure to see how God provides!

No comments:

Post a Comment