If you notice the thermometer on the left side of this blog, you'll see that we're more than half way to our fundraising goals! When we started the thermometer we had exhausted our personal resources but still needed to come up with $15,000 to pay for the rest of the adoption. Since then (in less than 2 months) over $2,500 has been given to us by family, friends, and even acquaintances! We are so thankful for each dollar given and each word of encouragement shared. God has also been providing Heath with extra work, which should help us a lot in coming up with the rest of the money.
There have been many times in life where I've panicked about money, but somehow God always provides. I think this is the first time where I'm actually excited that we're only a few months from the deadline of such a significant amount, and I don't know where it's all going to come from. I'm having FUN watching God provide! I was telling my friend Joy the other day that it's been so neat to see God working in this. If we just had the money sitting around, we would be missing out on an amazing experience: the experience of seeing the body of Christ work together not only to help us out, but to carry God's love for orphans to the other side of the world. It truly is a wonderful thing, and I'm excited to see how He will provide every last penny!
Speaking of orphans on the other side of the world, please be praying for Ethiopia. Their government is severely cutting back on adoptions, meaning so many more orphans won't have families. There are many people in high places trying to persuade them otherwise, for the benefit of the children. Please join us in praying for orphans there, as well as all over the world. God is the one who "places the lonely in families." (See Psalm 68:6). Pray that He would intervene and bring more of these precious children into families of their own.
Thanks again for all the prayers, encouragement, and financial support. We are truly blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment