Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wonderful Weekend!

This weekend has been one of the best I've had in a long time!  For one, the weather has been phenomenal!  Spring started today, but the beautiful weather started Friday.  Bright and sunny, warm and wonderful!

Friday the boys showed up in the living room in their swimsuits ready for a dip in the stream.  They had a blast, despite the fact that it was still technically winter!

 Saturday morning I went to a clothing swap at a church in Frederick and got all this stuff absolutely FREE!!


Saturday afternoon we spent at a friend's house, with the kids playing in their stream and all of us enjoying more gorgeous weather.  (Sorry...no pictures from that.)

Today after church we had a family outing.  We got free Italian Ice at "The Meadows" custard shop, and then we spent a couple hours at our property.  We walked through the woods, the boys found the perfect spot for their future fort, Tabitha "helped" Mommy over all the tough spots along the path, Heath built rock bridges to get us across the streams, and we all enjoyed dreaming of our future home there.  It was such a nice, relaxing family day, and I really had a great time!


I guess I'm a simple sort of person, but this is the kind of weekend that means the most to me.  Enjoying life's simple pleasures with my family.  I feel truly refreshed!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father . . . " James 1:17

1 comment:

  1. NICE CHICKS! I'm coming back soon to buy my Ordinary Hero stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete