Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Babies!

No....we haven't adopted early or anything.  We have baby CHICKS!  Heath's sister Amanda was kind enough to give us eggs to raise, and yesterday they started hatching!  We've been studying birds in science this year, so this was a very fitting experiment.  I'd been praying we'd have at least a few of the 18 hatch, and I was worried they might not.  (I tend to kill every plant I touch, so I was hoping I wouldn't have the same effect on chickens.)  Anyway, so far 7 of them have hatched.  And if you've never seen anything hatch out of an egg, you should!  It's quite an amazing example of God's creation!  They are quite cute, and the kids and Heath and I are really enjoying them.  We're only going to keep them for a couple of weeks, as I'm not ready for full-blown chicken raising yet.  But this has definitely been a fascinating experience!  Thanks, Amanda!  =)





(See my facebook page for a video of one of them hatching.)

No comments:

Post a Comment