It was one month ago today that we met our little Rayanna for the first time, and it's been 3 weeks since we arrived home with her. On the one hand it's gone really fast! But on the other I feel like she's always been with us. She has eased her way into our family with very little fanfare!
HOWEVER, the honey moon is definitely over. While I'd still call her an easy baby, she's starting to show us she's not all flowers and bubbles. For one thing, she has not taken a real nap this entire week! A couple of days were my fault (letting her fall asleep in the car and trying to skip her pre-nap bottle), but the other two days there's no excuse! The last few nights she's also waken up once or twice. She goes back to sleep fairly easily, but after such a perfect start it's not fun to have that happening! She's also been more grumpy. While we can now put her down without hysteria, she's taken to the more usual toddler behavior of whining and fussing when she wants to be picked up. She also would hardly eat today (except her bottle) and got very mad and loud when I tried to get her to eat her baby food! But, nonetheless, she's usually still pretty content and happy. It's just that I've had my bubble burst, finding out she's not perfect. ;-)
She's continuing to become more interactive, and she's working hard on all her motor skills too. She's pulling up and cruising all around now. She's also starting to get inquisitive, which means I need to work on some more serious child proofing! Until now she hasn't seemed curious about anything, but now she's starting to get into things. Even though it's a hassle, I'm so glad to see her interested in her environment and learning new things!
She really is a precious little girl and a delight for all of us. Here's a picture of our little sweetie, one month after gotcha day. (I tried to catch a smile, but it wasn't happening today.)
No comments:
Post a Comment