Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our Last Day

Well, our time in China has come to an end.  Today was a non-eventful day....did a little walking around, went to the pool, had dinner at a "French" restaurant, and now we're packed and ready to go.  We head out from here at 8:30 tomorrow morning and get home in the wee hours of Thursday morning. 
 
This has been a really good trip.  Other than our night in the Beijing airport, everything has gone really, really well.  Rayanna is an absolute delight, we've had a very nice time here, made some new friends, and get to go home with a new daughter!  Praise God for so many wonderful blessings!
 
I was holding Rayanna as she went to sleep tonight, here in our quiet hotel room, and I got to thinking that it's the last time I'll have so much peace and quiet!  Having a baby who needs to be held all the time is one thing when she's the only child and you have no other responsibilities.  But when we're home with 4 kids and all of life's demands I know it'll be a lot more challenging.  I'm very thankful that she's such a contented baby...hopefully she will stay that way, and the transition will go well for all the kids.  I'm very excited to see them, and I know they'll love their new little sister!
 
Thanks for all the prayer and encouragement and for following along on our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment