This is my brother Michael. He's 27 and a Staff Sergeant in the Airforce. He works in EOD, which has caused my sons to give him the nickname, "Little Bomb Boy." Not sure how they came up with the "little" part since he's twice their size, but nonetheless the name has stuck.
Anyway, Michael deployed to Afghanistan last week. He'll be there about 6 months. I'm so proud of my little brother and the work he does. I'm not at all envious though! I like my safe little life here in rural America and have no desire to live in a tent in the desert or fight terrorists or dismantle bombs or anything of the sort. But thank goodness there are people who are willing to do all of that.
Michael's been to Iraq twice and both times has come home with nary a scratch. We're praying the same for this time! In human terms, Afghanistan (and especially the area he's in) is much more dangerous than Iraq. But I have to keep reminding myself that he's no less in God's hands now than he was then. Please join me in praying for his safety--physical, spiritual, emotional. And remember to thank the military families in your life!

No comments:
Post a Comment