One unexpected addition to the day was SNOW! Since living in Maryland I have NEVER seen snow in October so I would've never thought to worry about it. But it snowed big, heavy flakes almost all day! Fortunately, it was warm enough that the roads didn't get too bad, and almost everyone braved the weather and came to the party. Our friends the Hills live in PA, so they just stayed the night rather than drive home through the snow (to their house without electricity). All in all, it's been a really good day!
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Knights & Dragons
Today we had a combined birthday celebration for Ethan and Jesse. It was a lot of fun! Since we're studying the Middle Ages, we decided to do a knight tournament as the theme. Heath was the king (and he did an awesome job with it)! And we had several young squires who were knighted for their brave and chivalrous deeds.
I even made a dragon cake! I've never attempted anything that complex before, but since I had step-by-step directions I decided to give it a shot. I was so impressed with how it turned out!
One unexpected addition to the day was SNOW! Since living in Maryland I have NEVER seen snow in October so I would've never thought to worry about it. But it snowed big, heavy flakes almost all day! Fortunately, it was warm enough that the roads didn't get too bad, and almost everyone braved the weather and came to the party. Our friends the Hills live in PA, so they just stayed the night rather than drive home through the snow (to their house without electricity). All in all, it's been a really good day!
One unexpected addition to the day was SNOW! Since living in Maryland I have NEVER seen snow in October so I would've never thought to worry about it. But it snowed big, heavy flakes almost all day! Fortunately, it was warm enough that the roads didn't get too bad, and almost everyone braved the weather and came to the party. Our friends the Hills live in PA, so they just stayed the night rather than drive home through the snow (to their house without electricity). All in all, it's been a really good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment