Since my last post, here's what's been happening:
Last Monday I took Tabitha to the Johns Hopkins cleft clinic. She has what's called venopharyngeal insufficiency. The part of the throat that's supposed to close off when we speak does not, which is why she has a nasally sounding voice. So they recommend a P-flap surgery to repair that. It's not urgent, so we're going to research it a bit and probably end up doing that next summer. Oh goodie.
Last Tuesday I took Rayanna to the opthamologist for her clogged tear duct. The doctor said that's definitely what it is, and since she's over a year old it's unlikely that it would resolve itself. It'll require a quick, 10-minute surgery to fix it. The earliest they can get us in for that is December 22nd though! It doesn't do any damage, but it is annoying for her to always have her eyes goopy and tear-filled. This week she had her 18-month check up. She was none to happy about the shots, but other than that things are good. She's gained 2 pounds in 2 months! And she's continuing to make good progress in every area of development.
Last Wednesday Ethan had an orthodontist appointment. He had several interesting molds made of his teeth, plus pictures and x-rays. I thought it was kind of cool actually. He'll be getting a retainer soon to fix his underbite. Depending on how that goes he may need further work done.
Sometimes I wonder how we manage to get ANY school done with all these appointments!
And, just in case Jesse felt left out, he's sick today! Just a fever so far; hopefully it doesn't turn into anything worse.
I have to say the most precious moment of the past week was when I looked out on the front porch and saw this:
The two kids who fight the most, the boy who hates to read, in this completely un-coerced, un-staged, spontaneous moment. That's the type of thing that makes it all worth it!
that last picture--it's the few moments like that which keep me going!!!
ReplyDelete