Sunday, December 30, 2012

5 Years?!

I was just "redecorating" my blog and scanning through some old posts.  I feel like I just recently started blogging, so I was shocked to see that I've been doing this for 5 years!  How did that happen?  One of my earliest posts was about Jesse turning 2 and Ethan turning 4.  They were so tiny back then!  And they were our only kids!  Things have changed so much, and so fast.  And it seems I have no sense of time anymore.  Things that I think just happened weeks ago were actually months ago.  And things that seem months ago were actually years ago.

As a kid I remember time dragging on . . . waiting for school to end, waiting for Christmas, waiting to get older.  And now time just speeds by, and nothing I do can slow it down.  As I've heard quoted and agree with wholeheartedly, "The days go slowly, but the years go fast."  Lord, teach me to number my days and not to waste a precious one of them.

Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.  Psalm 90:12

1 comment: