Inta and the Latvian kids arrived safely at Reagan Airport last night. Ethan and I went to pick her up. It was fun to see all the families greeting their kids. One little girl couldn't come because she got sick the day of departure, but hopefully she'll be coming later in the week. The kids (and host families) looked nervous of course, and one little boy looked downright miserable. But most of them seemed excited, and I hope they're all getting comfortable and about to have a wonderful experience being part of a family! I talked with some of the other host moms, and it was really neat to hear their stories and to be a part of this adventure!
After Inta made sure all the kids went home with the right families, we took her home with us. Because of her being exhausted and the language barrier we didn't talk much on the way home. I did find out she has 3 kids, and that it's cold and snowy in Latvia. (Maybe I should go THERE next Christmas.) ;-) She seems to be very nice, and enjoys playing with the children. She speaks only a very little English, so we've been making good use of Google Translate! I don't think Tabitha realizes that Inta can't understand her . . . she just goes right on talking a mile a minute! Poor Inta was probably very glad when bedtime arrived and she finally got a break! =) She's very friendly with the kids though, and they all like her, too.
So we've had the blessing of things going well so far in that area. Today in the mail we also received another blessing!
It was an anonymous blessing, so this thank-you goes out to the person responsible, whoever that may be! (And I do have my suspicions . . .) ;-) Please know how very, very much we appreciate your kindness, and that your gift comes at the perfect time and will be put to very good use. I hope Santa treats you well . . . because you're definitely on the "nice list!" Thank you so much!
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights. James 1:17
No comments:
Post a Comment