Today we celebrated Ethan and Jesse's birthdays! Ethan will be 6 on Wednesday, and Jesse will be 4 on November 7th. We had such a good time! The kids had fun doing a "treasure hunt" and smashing the pinata. And the boys were given lots of fun gifts. It was a very special day. Their actual birthdays will be a little different. Ethan will spend his on an airplane, and Jesse will spend his recovering from jet-lag and a trip across the world. But today was all fun!
After the party Stephanie and Amy and I had a little planning conference, to make sure we're all set for China. We're all so excited! And I'm so glad they're coming with us! Afterwards all the family that was here prayed with us for the trip. It was a very special time, and it is so comforting and humbling to know that we are covered in prayer from so many people. Whether near or far, we are so thankful for all of you that pray for us. My biggest concerns right now are that we would not be quarrantined (China's reaction to the swineflu is to quarrantine many people coming in on international flights), and that we would be able to handle Tabitha's catheter without trouble. Other than that I am totally at peace about everything and looking forward to this trip so much! Another prayer request to add would be Stephanie's back. She's pulled it twice this week. The chiropractor seems to be able to fix it for her, but just pray that nothing else happens so that she won't be in pain during the trip.
It's hard to believe that Ethan has almost completed 6 years of life already. And Jesse--my "baby"--is almost 4, and about to become a big brother. Time just flies by so fast. Too fast sometimes. On days that I'm struggling to enjoy motherhood, a phrase shared by an experienced mom reminds me to savor every minute: "The hours go slowly, but the years go fast." And if you've ever heard the country song, "You're gonna miss this," you'll understand why it always makes me get teary-eyed. Though some days I want to throw in the towel and I just long for an hour to myself, my children are growing up so fast. I want to savor every minute of their precious lives. I am so blessed to be a mom . . . twice . . . almost three times. What an amazing gift! I love you, kids! Happy Birthday, Ethan & Jesse!
No comments:
Post a Comment