My mom turned 55 last month. (Sorry if I'm not supposed to share that, Mom, but I don't think you'd mind.) =) Anyway, in honor of her 55 years and being the best mom we've ever had, the family all pitched in to send her on a special weekend getaway! The whole thing was a surprise; all she knew was to keep the weekend open. I flew out there (all by myself nonetheless), saw my family for a couple of hours, and then my sister Carrie and I kidnapped Mom and took her to the tiniest town ever: Cambridge, Nebraska. Population: 1,000.
We stayed at
a the cute little bed and breakfast in town. The lady who ran it gave us the whole history of the house and the town, and cooked us some delicious meals! We had ordered the "quilting package", so during the day Saturday we went across the street to a cute little quilting shop called "Cottage Inspirations." We had our very own quilting class and each made a table runner for Christmas. It was really fun to have some time together and to do something creative. For me, the best part of the quilting project was having 6 straight hours to work on something with no one interrupting me! It was really great to have some time with my mom and sister, and I'm really glad we were able to do it. Here's a picture of us with our masterpieces!
Happy birthday, Mom! We love you. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment