Well so much for my posting about our journey! We can't get the internet to work on the laptop, and that coupled with exhaustion has prevented us from communicating until now (using the hotel's computer).
Anyway, we all made it safely, Jesse and I two days late (long story for another time), but here nonetheless. No qurantine or lost luggage or anything. The flight was actually really easy! But since we've been here Jesse's had a cough, and with the jet lag, weird food, crazy schedule . . . let's just say I have to keep reminding myself that children are a blessing! :) Ethan's doing great. Had a fever one day, but now fine, and handling everything like a trooper
Sunday we flew to Xian and got Tabitha! She is the prettiest little thing ever! She is sweet as can be. Hardly says a word (not that we could understand if she did), but she's very content and quiet. However, last night the 3 kids really warmed up to each other and were laughing like crazy and chasing each other and playing. It was very cute. Today Tabitha is sick though. Maybe got it from Ethan? Maybe got it from the crazy Americans who fed her American food? I don't know. We don't have anything on the schedule today, so it's good timing. Pray that she's better tomorrow and that it's nothing serious and that the rest of us would stay healthy!
There's a ton of details that I want to share, but I'll probably have to do it after we get home.
Thanks for your continued prayers. We need and appreciate it!
Love, Erin, Heath, Ethan, Jesse, Tabitha, Stephanie, and Amy
Congratulations! Hope your time in Xian is lovely and that you can enjoy the bonding and family building time. We adopted our girl from Xian - she was in the Baoji CWI and was a China Care baby. Lovely organization. I look forward to reading more about your Shaanxi cutie - not many of them in our LH circle :) It does seem as if the numbers are growing tho. Blessings to you all.
ReplyDeleteErin,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that everything is going so well! Congratulations on your new daughter! I was worried when in the Living Hope e-mail it said that you were delayed due to a family emergency. If you get a chance you might want to post something on the Living Hope Yahoo group. Someone was asking how you were doing and if you had a blog. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!
Tricia
YAY!!! :)
ReplyDelete