Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our Itinerary

Well, we leave for China in less than 4 days! I’m just about finished packing. Monday’s plan is to clean the house, do laundry, and pack the remaining items (basically just clothes). You may think “if she hasn’t even packed clothes yet, how can she say she’s just about finished?” Well, clothes for the four of us make up just a small part of what we need to bring. I have one whole suitcase full of gifts for the orphanage workers and clothes/toys for Tabitha. I have another suitcase full of snacks. I’ve got the adoption documents all ready, and I’m almost done with the carry-on bags. I have the toiletries and medicines packed, and the remaining two suitcases will hold that and our clothes. So, having just clothes left is a pretty good feeling!

We received an extra financial blessing tonight too. God has provided again and again throughout this entire process. There’s no way we could’ve afforded this on our own, but God has given “more than we asked or imagined.” He has used some very special people (you know who you are) to help us with the huge expenses of adoption. We are so very grateful.

My friend Kelly asked for our itinerary. So here it is! I can’t wait for the Peking Duck Dinner on 10/24. Oh yeah, and getting our daughter is pretty cool too. =) Gotcha Day is 10/25!

The hotels we’re staying at all look absolutely beautiful (way better than the Motel 6 of our most recent hotel experience). The weather should be beautiful this time of year, which is the only good part about having had to wait this long!


10/21/2009: Flight to Beijing!! (14 hours; We’re praising God for the direct flight from Dulles to Beijing. Time is 12 hours later there, so we’ll arrive on the 22nd.)

10/22/2009: Arrive in Beijing.

10/23/2009: Tour Tiennanmen Square and the Forbidden City. Visit the Temple of Heaven and see the Chaoyang Acrobatics show.

10/24/2009: Climb the Great Wall of China, drive by the Olympic Bird’s Nest, visit the Living Hope Fangshan orphanage and enjoy a Peking Duck dinner.

10/25/2009: Flight from Beijing to Xian 10:40am-12:35pm. Trip to the Civil Affairs office to meet our daughter!!! After this point we will have her with us the rest of the time!

10/26/2009: Trip to the Civil Affairs office to complete paperwork. Shopping for supplies.

10/27/2009: City Tour

10/28/2009: City Tour

10/29/2009: Rest

10/30/2009: Pick up the notary paperwork and child’s passport. Flight to Guangzhou, 5:30pm-7:20pm.

10/31/2009: Child’s medical check, visa photo, and visa paperwork

11/1/2009: Tour Guangzhou

11/2/2009: Medical again (tuberculosis results)

11/3/2009: Consulate Appointment.

11/4/2009: Bus to the USC to recite group oath

11/5/2009: Pick up our daughter’s visa in the afternoon. Fly to Beijing, 7:00pm-10:00 pm. Take the shuttle to the Beijing Airport Hotel.

11/6/2009: Take hotel shuttle to the airport. Fly back to the States--brief layover in Tokyo; then home!

11/7/2009-11/7/2010: SLEEP!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,
    I just wanted to let you know that Ron and I are praying for you guys as you travel. We are so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures of your new expanded family. May God bless your trip.

    Love,
    Gina and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys just left today and I have just prayed for comfort, peace, and rest as you finish your flight. I realize you may never read this or it may be days, weeks, or months after you get home, but I wanted you to know how thankful I am for families like yours and Heath's. You are making an eternal difference in the life of one more child. I always remember the following quote, though I don't know who said it or if it's exactly right, but I love it nonetheless: "He who saves one life saves the world entire." God bless you as you are ending your adoption process but truly are just beginning your adoption journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a super quick adjustment to the timezones for you and Jesse~tomorrow's your big day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all of you! Can't wait to meet Tabitha! Today is the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob Runkles and the Sigmons and I'm sure others are waiting patiently to hear from all of you. We are assuming you can't communicate. That China has blocked communication. I wake up at night and pray for you. I have kept track of your itinerary and think about you throughout the day. We're praying that Tabitha adjusts well and you are all doing well. Love you. Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Carolyn might be waiting patiently...but you know me! I want an update, and I want it NOW! haha! Praying for y'all! Naomi asked if our baby sister was going to be from China. She was disappointed in my response. I can't BELIEVE you're a family of FIVE NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete