Yesterday was Ethan's 7th birthday. It's hard to believe it's been that long. And yet, I can hardly remember life without him! What was it like to not be a mom? What was it like to have no little ones depending on me? What on earth did I do all day?!?!
Ethan has had a year full of growth. Physically, he's still taller than just about everyone his age. But more than that, he's grown in character and personality. He's no longer a little kid who you can "talk over" without him catching on; now I can have real conversations with him about all kinds of things. He's gotten over much of his shyness (though not all of it), and is making new friends and talking to people he doesn't know that well. He's started 1st grade, is learning to read, and is discovering so much about the world and about God. He's developed a new hobby to enjoy with his Granddad (much to Bambi's dismay). He's also completed many art and building projects and loves to create. In fact, he can take just about any piece of trash and turn it into a necessary part of one of his creations. He's creative, industrious, tender-hearted, and (don't tell him I said this, but) quite cute.
We're so thankful for you, Ethan, and we love you very much. Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment