Thursday, October 14, 2010

Field Trip!


Today, as a field trip for our study of the Israelites in the wilderness, we drove up to Lancaster, PA, and visited the Tabernacle! The Mennonite information center has a full-scale replica of the tabernacle, complete with the furniture pieces and even a moving priest and burning incense. It was pretty neat! It was more lecture-style than I'd hoped, so I'm not sure the kids were that thrilled (especially the younger two), but it was still neat to see. We weren't allowed to take pictures of the real thing, but I thought this painting showed a nice overall view of what it may have looked like thousands of years ago.


After the Tabernacle, we visited my grandparents who live in the same city. It was great to see them and get a picture of them with their GREAT grandchildren! Thanks for having us, Grandmom & Grandpop!

No comments:

Post a Comment