Heath and Tabitha had a nice Saturday visiting the zoo and relaxing. Today they checked into the hospital. The reason for going a day early is to do a bowel clean-out, so that she'll be totally empty for tomorrow's surgery. We didn't realize the method for this clean-out though. I thought it would either be an enema or a drink that cleans out her system. But I guess those methods aren't thorough enough. They actually put a tube in through her nose, down to her stomach. Whatever's in it cleans out her entire digestive tract so there's nothing in it by tomorrow. Heath said she threw a fit when they put the tube in (of course). She actually rubbed her nose and pulled it out, and they had to redo it. But the second one they taped down really well, and she hasn't touched it since. She's only allowed to have water, which I would've thought would be a lot worse than it has been. Heath said she hasn't been asking for food, and is doing really well.
So, they've spent a long boring day in the hospital room. Watching Dora, making crafts, and sleeping. And the boys and I talked to them on Skype for awhile, which is really fun. (They're really bored, so feel free to use Skype if you want to talk to them and see them too! And if you don't know what Skype is . . . it's a free service for video phone calls over the internet.)
Tomorrow will be the big day. The surgery prep is supposed to start at 8 I think, with the actual surgery at 9:00. It should probably take about 4-6 hours. Please keep praying with us.
It's hard not being there, but I'm glad she has such a wonderful daddy to be with her right now. Can't wait to see them both!

Erin,
ReplyDeleteI wish I would have known you didn't realize they used a tube to get the go-lyte into Tabitha to clean her out! Sophia pulled her first tube out too! They have to make sure everything is out to be able to do the surgery! Good luck tomorrow! I am thinking of you and praying for Tabitha!!
Tricia