Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday

Tabitha's doing OK today.  She slept for a couple of longer stretches last night and has been awake for longer times today.  She sat on Heath's lap for almost an hour, which was her first time out of bed.  They wanted her to sit up, and also blow bubbles and breathe more, because her oxygen levels were low.  I think they got that to improve.  I last talked to them this afternoon, but I guess Heath's mom talked to them since then.  She said the IV stopped working and they had to redo it.  I'm sure that was not fun for anyone involved.

Heath's bored out of his mind and hasn't had any good sleep since Saturday night.  I know he'll be very glad to get back to his precious Sleep Number bed!  But he's been such a good daddy and taken such good care of Tabitha.  No one could of done a better job being with her through all this, not even her mommy (who may have passed out several times by this point!)  :)

The boys went to Heath's parents' tonight after their Awana awards ceremony.  So I'm alone tonight.  It's a strange feeling.....leaving the boys, getting ready to see Tabitha, getting ready to see Heath but only for a very brief time.  It's like I'm homesick and I haven't even left yet!  I'm just ready for us all to be together as a family again.  I haven't even been at the hospital, but I feel kind of drained just from the emotions of it all I guess.  Sure can't wait for it to be over.  I'm sure Tabitha would agree!

Heath's mom sent balloons to her today.  It was the first time Tabitha showed any excitement about anything and actually had a real smile!  Hopefully she'll be smiling more and more each day.  Thanks for the continued prayer and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment