I've been so busy with Tabitha's surgery that I haven't even had time to think about how close we're getting to Rayanna! While we were in Ohio a letter came saying that our I800 approval had been forwarded to the US Consulate in Guangzhou. From this point it takes about 2-3 weeks to get approval from them. Then it takes 3-4 weeks to get Travel Approval from China. Then about 3 weeks after that, we go! So we're looking at the middle of July for travel.
While we were at the hospital, other people were working on our behalf. Heath's brother's wife, along with many others from their church, plus some other friends and family, held a big bake sale at Walkersville Days, with all the proceeds going toward our adoption! We've had a couple other friends who held sales to raise money for us, plus we've had several friends and family donating directly. Not to mention all the people who are praying for us! We are so blessed! It is exciting to see the body of Christ working together to minister to a precious little orphan on the other side of the world . . . who won't be an orphan for long!
I'm hoping that things will settle down with Tabitha's needs, so that once we finish school (2 more weeks) I'll have some time to mentally and logistically prepare for Rayanna's arrival and our trip. It'll be here before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment