Tabitha's in surgery now. The estimated time is 7 hours, and there are almost a dozen people participating in the surgery! If it goes longer, she may have to be in the ICU tonight, due to the long anesthesia time.
Heath wasn't allowed to hold her while she went to sleep, like we have in the past. I guess they do the anesthesia in the sterile operating room, so he couldn't go in. But he said she went with the nurse without crying, and he didn't hear any crying through the door. That's amazing because in the past she's fought tooth and nail against the anesthesia mask! So hopefully she just calmly went to sleep!
I think we must be more strongly bonded than we were for her last surgery: during the previous ones I was very matter-of-fact about it, not too worried. This time I'm much more emotionally invested. Maybe it's because it's a huge surgery, maybe it's because I'm not there with her. But last night I was feeling almost sick to my stomach thinking about all she's going through. It's probably good I'm NOT there because I may well have passed out by this point! This morning I'm more at peace, and I know the Lord is watching over her, and she is completely in His hands.
Thanks so much to everyone that's praying for her and us. It means a lot!
I'll try to update again tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment