Tabitha can eat today! She enjoyed her apple juice yesterday, but now we're on to bigger and better things. They said she could pick whatever she wanted, and she chose a donut. Here she is enjoying it:
Last night was interesting. I guess she did well, all things considered. I found the bed rather comfortable. The only problem was every time I dozed off something would beep and wake me up! That finally stopped, but there were still nurses coming in every so often, which woke me up too. Tabitha slept through a lot of it, but did wake up in pain a few times. This morning the doctors started coming bright and early. Two of them visited us before 6:30! It's a little weird being sound asleep and having strangers walk in ready to talk to me. But, all in all, it was OK. Much better than some of the nights Heath had here! Tabitha complained of some pain earlier, but now she's happily eating. They're going to detach all the monitors today, and give her meds orally now, so she'll be free to get out of bed. They're planning a trip to the play room for later on. I'm not sure how that will go since she doesn't even sit up by herself yet. But we'll see. They want her to get moving around.
Right now she's painting a wooden turtle, and even laughed a little that I got paint on my hands. So I think she's feeling OK right now. Hopefully she'll just keep getting better!
Erin,
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful news that Tabitha can eat! It sounds like a typical night at the hospital for you! Don't you just love all the interruptions!!! I hope Tabitha has fun playing in the playroom today!
Tricia
Erin--I'm so glad that Tabitha is healing so well!! Praying that she continues and that you guys adjust to things quickly!!
ReplyDeleteMillicent