Now that I have some uninterrupted time . . . (Does it really take a hospital stay to be able to read my email and update the blog with no one bugging me?!)
Anyway, I thought I'd write a little about what the boys and I did while Heath and Tabitha were away this past week. On one hand things were much calmer. I think each child exponentially increases the amount of bickering and stress, so having only two made things pretty easy. But we did miss Tabitha and Daddy a lot! It was great seeing them on skype!
Last Friday we went to the zoo with our friends/cousins. Other than 2/3 of the zoo closing early, we had a good time! Saturday the boys went to a friend's birthday party at the bowling alley, which they loved. And that evening we went to one of my former piano student's Eagle Scout ceremony. I didn't realize what a huge accomplishment that is! We're considering Boy Scouts for our boys, and I think that would be amazing if they could attain that status some day!
The rest of the time was fairly normal. Just school and chores and such. Ethan kept asking to invite people over because he was bored. But I enjoyed the peace and quiet! (Well, whenever the boys were outside, that is.) One fun part was our slumber party! Sunday night we all slept in the living room for a special treat. I had gotten Ben-Hur from the library because I like to get movies for whatever time period we're studying in school. It was mostly just for me; I didn't think they'd be interested. I put it on, thinking they'd fall asleep. But they loved it! It's 4 hours long, so we could only watch half the first night. The next day Ethan was begging to watch the rest. They were fascinated by it! There's one scene where, after Judah had refused to listen to Jesus teach, he carries his sister out of the lepers' cave. He didn't say where he was taking her (though it was implied he was taking her to Jesus). Jesse said excitedly, "I think he believes now!" It was really neat to see them interested in a movie that was more than just entertainment.
Wednesday night was their Awana awards ceremony. Jesse finished Cubbies this year, and Ethan completed his second year of Sparks. They've learned a lot of Bible verses, and I'm so thankful for the great program Awana is!
After the ceremony, they went home with Mommom & Granddad (Heath's parents), with fun plans for their two-night stay there.
So that was our week. Now I'm in for a very different kind of week! I think I have the easy part though...Heath was here for the hard part.
I'm so thankful for the ability to keep in touch with everyone on the internet. This would be a much longer, lonelier stay without that! I'm also extremely grateful for this hospital and the great doctors who are helping Tabitha, and for all the friends and family praying for her and us. Thank You, Lord!

No comments:
Post a Comment