Saturday, July 16, 2011

One Week From Now!

One week from now Heath and I will be on our way to China!  I'm sure I'll be feeling a lot of things at this moment....exhaustion (because I'm sure I won't sleep much the night before), sadness at leaving the kids behind, gratitude for my in-laws and the fact that for 12 days I don't have to empty any ostomy bags or break up any fights, excitement and nervousness at meeting our new daughter!

Although this trip will be very similar to the last one (pictured here), there are some big differences too.
Obviously, since it's just Heath and me going this time the dynamics will be very different.  Probably easier than last time, but also lonelier.  It was very special to have our whole family together to welcome Tabitha into it, and to have Stephanie (Heath's mom) and Amy (Heath's cousin) sharing that with us.  This time it'll just be us, and we won't be able to take a "new family" picture until we get home.  On the other hand, we'll have plenty of time to focus on Rayanna, and I imagine the whole 12 days will be a lot more peaceful than it was last time.  =)  

I know we have so many people praying for us, and we are so thankful for each one of you!  Please also remember to pray for the kids, that they'd do OK being away from us for so long.  (The longest we've left them before is 3 days.)  And pray for Bob & Stephanie a lot!  They're about to be suddenly back to the stage of life they were in 20-30 years ago, parenting young children!  Pray especially for Stephanie, since she'll be handling Tabitha's medical care.  Just pray that no complications come up while we're gone.  And of course, pray that our kids behave like the perfect little angels they are (ha ha ha), and Mommom and Granddad aren't done-in by this adventure! 

We're still waiting on our itinerary.  We don't even know which day we're meeting Rayanna, or any of our in-country travel times.  Our agency promised to have it to us next Monday at the latest, but I'm going crazy!  If this were a normal vacation trip, I would've had every day planned out months ago.  So having to wait until 5 days before we leave to know what we're actually doing is killing me!!  Not to mention, we only have a "cost estimate" and don't know the actual price until then either!  Oh well, I guess it's good for me to just go with the flow and learn to relax.  I'm sure they'll get it all figured out and we'll have a great time.  =)

I still have some shopping to do, and lots of packing, but I'm getting there.  We should be ready on time, and hopefully without forgetting anything important.  On Friday evening we'll bring the kids to Heath's parents, and we'll spend the night there too since we'll have to leave for the airport at 3 am or something like that!  So my goal is to have everything ready by Thursday, so that Friday we just throw in the last-minute items and can relax and have fun together before we go.  

I doubt I'll be blogging again before we leave, so plan on my next post being from the land of Zhong Guo!!  Zai jian for now!  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment