The above picture is for all the Veggie Tales fans. =)
Rayanna is doing great today! She's been so much less panicky! We still can't set her down, but we can change positions without her crying and even pass her back and forth to each other. It used to be that whenever we moved she'd cry, so this is definite progress! She's also gotten rid of the vacant look in her eyes and is getting more inquisitive. Today while I was talking with someone she just stared intently at my face, never looking away. I don't know if she was trying to learn my face or figure out what this crazy language was, but it was very precious. She's also been making cute little noises, saying things likes "ga ga ga ga", blowing bubbles and playing with her spit (which I normally wouldn't encourage but am very happy about for her)! I think she's starting to come out of her shell and becoming more like a normal baby. We're very excited to see her progress!
On the downside she woke up twice last night. Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come! Also, Heath has a really bad chest cough and a fever. Please pray he gets better quick and doesn't share it!
I just got to meet another family who's adopting from the same orphanage. She had asked me to take pictures of her daughter there, so we got together to talk about the orphanage and the girls and all. It was neat to meet their family! They'll get their daughter on Sunday, and it's their first adoption, so it was fun to be able to share our experiences with them.
This evening we (along with the family who got their baby the same day as us) fly on to Guangzhou and the second half of our trip. Let's pray we don't get stuck in any airports this time!!!
Great news!!! (All except Heath's cold!-You sure it's not just his "non-cough" he always has?) I have to tell you...The title "Our blossoming flower" is followed by a picture of your beautiful girl and then a water buffalo. Is she blossoming into a water buffalo?! !) haha! I know you're doing this via email, which is more than I will EVER be able to figure out! And, I'm pumped that you were able to see a REAL water buffalo! Praying for more blossoming! (And for Heath!)
ReplyDeleteErin,
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that Rayanna is adjusting to her new family! I hope Heath is feeling better soon! I love the picture of Rayanna! She is so precious!
Tricia